AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Need to find a diagram to locate the fuel pressure regulator

Customer Question

Need to find a diagram to locate the fuel pressure regulator on a 2008 Chevy 2500 6.0 l
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your GMC 2500. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: The trouble code is po641 sensor A circuit open and it's been trouble shooted several times and has intermittent issues. Today it also said Lean Condition bank 1 and 2
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

The fuel pressure regulator is located within the fuel pump assembly on this vehicle.

Fuel System Overview

The Fuel System is a returnless on-demand design. The fuel pressure regulator is a part of the fuel sender assembly, eliminating the need for a return pipe from the engine. A returnless fuel system reduces the internal temperature of the fuel tank by not returning hot fuel from the engine to the fuel tank. Reducing the internal temperature of the fuel tank results in lower evaporative emissions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Can you provide the diagram? What is the recommended fuel pressure range psi when we check it?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Certainly. One moment please

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

May you please post your VIN so I can send you the correct information?

Thank you!