Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Drivers side belt squeaks where the belt extends from the…

Customer Question
drivers side belt squeaks where...
drivers side belt squeaks where the belt extends from the top part of the seat. its really annoying. ant thoughts?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
7/31/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. You can pull the souring plastic piece off and lubricate the roller that the belt is on

How does that work? does it just pop off or is there more to that/

Should just pop off, what cab do you have on there? Ill send you the removal procedure

extended cab

Let me know if that works for you

Hows it coming?

There is just a slot where the belt comes out of. Nothing like the print you sent. Perhaps that piece of plastic will pop out. I will give that a try. Will let you know the results when I have completed the task.

make sure were taking about the same thing the retractor piece is on the top of your seat in your truck right?

it is. but it is not visible. the belt retracts into a slot,

right there should be a screw and it may be behind a little cap, pop that cap off take out the screw and wiggle the plastic piece off and spray as needed for squeek

Ok we are good. Got the cap off and nothing broke. A little WD40 and its works. Thanks for the help.

Very good glad everthing worked out let me know if you have any more questions

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Please also note that you are getting 20 years of electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience at a fraction of the cost of a dealer, giving me a rating is the ONLY way im compensated for my time and knowledge, I hope that you will respect this by giving me a 5 star rating as customer satisfaction is my number one goal. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free for 3 more weeks!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician