Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

The car wont start, it was fine yesterday... and when I went…

Customer Question
The car wont start ...

The car wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

It was fine yesterday... and when I went to it just now.. the key is locked in there and wont even come out either.. its in the ACC postion. Wont even let me turn it back either

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2009 chevy traverse

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't know where to start... I need to know why this is happening first

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this service something we pay for?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
The car was fine yesterday, been using it all week. left the keys in the car and when i went out to leave, it wont start, its in park, its in the ACC position, I cant even turn it back. I even tried locking and unlocking the doors, nothing. Its like the car is completely dead
7/31/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. I would do a double check on the battery and the terminals and make sure you have 12v and ground to the system

I already got it figured out... had my dad come cuz it was too long of a wait for you. Thanks!

you mean the 10 mins it took to respond, thanks for the kind words!

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician