Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Replaced my power steering pump and i have a leak from the

Customer Question

replaced my power steering pump and i have a leak from the evo , i may have tightened it too much. so i just want to know the correct torque. 5.7 L , 1998 , chevy
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: it's full, no whine. the steering after i replaced it is stiff very stiff and the leak is there.
JA: What is the model of your '98 Chevy?
Customer: cheyenne
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i will try to tighten the line connection first, if that doesn't work i will pull the steering pump out again.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

Variable Assist Steering Actuator (45) 50-75 Nm (37-55 ft. lbs.) Steering Assist Control Solenoid To The Power Steering Pump 28 Nm (21 ft. lbs.)

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.