Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was driving and my truck turned off and now it has no

Customer Question
I was driving and...

I was driving and my truck turned off and now it has no power at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

1998 Chevy Cheyenne 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

This just happened im on side of the road

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
7/31/2017
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

It sounds like you entered into limp mode. The best way to check this is with a scan tool, but seeing that you're on the side of the road, i need you to try this re-learn procedure first to see if it helps you to at least make it to a shop. See attachment.

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.
Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

you rate me

direction.