TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Working on a 2013 chevy 3500hd duramax/allision Last week

Customer Question

Working on a 2013 chevy 3500hd duramax/allision
Last week check engine light came on, scanned truck last night and got 2 codes. Po2d3
Po2d9, from what I'm seeing it has something to do with cyl#4 & 7. Does this mean those 2 injectors need replacing?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** isnusually caused when the computer does not recognize the learned iming of those 2 cylinder, this can be caused by a few things, contaminatd fuel or bad injecors, you need to do the relearn procedure for each cylinder, do you know how to do that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Tim, no sir I dont know how to do that.
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 2 months ago.

to do the relearn, you must clear the codes, once cleared take it out on the highway and get it to 60 mph, then let off the gas pedal and let it decell on its own, unitl it gets to 40 mph, then accellerate to 60 again, and repeat this 20 times, after you have done it 20 times, shut the vehicle off and restart it, and check for codes, if these 2 come back, then replace the injectors,Tim

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cleared the codes last night and they came right back, I probably put 1000 miles on the truck with the light on, light never went off
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 2 months ago.

you need to clear them and do the relearn, it has to have 20 decells in a row to do the relearn, if they come back after that, then replace the injectors,Tim

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, even if the light comes back on go do the relearn with CEL on?
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 2 months ago.

yes

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok will do this after a bit and let ya know what it does, thank you
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 2 months ago.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate e, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim