Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2013 Impala that is making a weird noise. First of…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a 2013 Impala that is making a weird noise.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

First of all, I am a blonde female.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car is making a noise like something is caught in a fan. I have traced the vibration to an opening behind the mount for the A/C and radio.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Freon?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
7/29/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

You may have sucked something into the a/c blower fan motor. Does the noise get louder or faster when you increase fan speed?

I can use the remote to unlock the door and the sound starts. It goes for a few minutes and then it stops. It does it even if the car isn't running.
Last Sunday night a cicada flew into my car. I had to park and let it fly out. It was flying around the vent where the defroster air comes out. It started right after that.
I got down in the floor board and I call feel a vibration in the console behind the radio. I don't know what to call the part, but I can feel it when the noise is going on.

Is the part white and about 2x3 inches? Is it making a clicking noise?

No. Please go ahead and call me so I can explain better.(###) ###-####

Phone cannot connect until payment issue is resolved.

Can you see if the payment info updated?

Please contact customer service if problem continues. It still tells me payment failure and will not connect us.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician