Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Grandson wanted to help change the distribitor and coil on a…

Customer Question
Grandson wanted to help...

Grandson wanted to help change the distribitor and coil on a 1989 corvette, before i saw he unhooked the connectors on the coil. the coil has 3 connectors, one is red one white the third is 4 together, the wires he unhooked are the same color do the go together, hop you undersand

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No diagram but car starts great

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed the distributor cap

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
7/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Hello I'm Wolfgang. can I have the vin # of the vehicle to get the factory info. Thanks