Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Have a security lamp on vehicle won't start 1986 coe, won't…

Customer Question
Have a security lamp...

Have a security lamp on vehicle won't start 1986 coe

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Won't c corvette 1986

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bought it from a friend was told fuel pump ng replaced it and have a security code lamp on put an otc scanner on it and it came up with a code 46 need to clear it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car has not run in over a year the keys were lost and they bypast it and the vehicle ran for 2 years until a year ago and the owner did not want to fix it so it sat for over a year by a gas station and they told him it needs a fuel pump and then clear the code

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
have a security lamp on a 1986 corvette how do i clear the code vehicle won't start was told the fuel pump was bad replaced it and have the security code on
7/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH replied 6 months ago
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by a bad passive theft deterent module, and can be removed from the system easily, behind the dash in the center of the console, the module sits behind the cover for the front of the dash, right next to it is a fuse, remove this fuse and it should permanantly disarm the anti theft system,Tim

TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH