GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2007 chevy tahoe and we a running the ac non stop on cold

Customer Question

2007 chevy tahoe and we a running the ac non stop on cold because it is so hot outside! we just noticed that the rear is blowing out hot air right now but front is nice and cold. what is the problem here?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Prob low on freon, do you have a/c gauges you can hook up and read pressures?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do. ill check once it gets back today, what should I be looking for and what else could it be if thats not the problem?

if thats not it you have a restriction somewhere, txv valve, orifice tube, inline catch which could be installed by a persons aftermarket, clogged evap,bent line.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok so what am I looking for on the gauges?

Just pressures and needle activity, heres a chart that may help, just let me know when you get it hooked up ill be around later

http://rechargeac.com/how-to/ac-system-pressure-chart

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
great thanks! ill let you know what I find out

Sounds good! Also if you know there is dye in the system I would check for leaks with the UV light and glasses