Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

94 chevy p/u, AC control panel clicks on, goes dark, turn…

Customer Question
94 chevy p/u, AC...

94 chevy p/u, AC control panel clicks on, goes dark, turn key off then back on AC panel lights back up and works fine. I have switched out AC/ Heater control panel and same problem exist. Would an AC fuse or a AC relay cause this? If truck just sits and idles its fine. But when I'm moving it will randomly shut off, and the only way to get it to work again is to turn ingnition off then back on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

No wheel lock, and AC works fine in park or neutral. Only stars clicking off when moving.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '94 Chevy?

1/2 ton extended cab short bed with 5.7 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes im fixing. I pulled and replaced AC/Heater contol panel, but problem is the same.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
7/29/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Pull the glove box and inspect for burnt or chaffed wires and or connectors really dig in and do some inspecting, I see a lot of problems here