GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Have a 2003 chev pickup with digit control ac panel and

Customer Question

have a 2003 chev pickup with digit control ac panel and system is full but compresser wont kick in unless i jump it at the relay
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do you have any idea what is wrong is it the control panel
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is someone goin to answer my question or not
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

What are your pressures when you do jump it ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
45 on low side and 150 on high side

do they stay steady like that or do they change and how long do you do this for?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
they are steady and i left jumper wire on and drove down the road bout 10 miles or so and it seems to cool fine but soon as i take jumper wire off ac compressor shuts off fan and everything keeps blowing but ac comp shuts off
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im thinking that it is the control panel just my thoughts

let me pull some diagrams and send you some electrical tests, while im looking did you have it scanned for codes? and also which control panel do you have in your truck ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no have no way to get codes and it is the digital climate control panel 15-72956 ac#

if you dont mind running by your local auto parts store and having them do a scan to see if any codes pop up this would help me out a bunch and you too unless you like doing meaningless electrical tests all day