Shawn Few
Shawn Few ,
Experience:  Lead Tech at F1 Auto Service
99645171

After a short on the starter cable, my truck won't start, y

Customer Question

after a short on the starter cable, my truck won't start, y put a new pmd, it has fuel, the glow plugs are lighting, and i don't know what could be next
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the light when you probe the glow plugs. with a test light
JA: What year is your Probe?
Customer: My probe?, I just use a needle test and a clamp to probe power is coming to the plugs, it is a diesel engine 6.5
JA: Are you fixing your Probe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: somebody told me to change the pmd, i did, i put new fuel filter and it seems to be filling it up when i put the switch to the on position, check every connection at the glow plugs and they light for a few seconds as the light in the panel illuminates too
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I check all the fuses and wirings on the top of the engine and no one looks cut or disconnected. The engine is spinning well because i left batteries charging overnight
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Shawn Few replied 2 months ago.

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You