Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1992 Caprice Classic 305. Leaking oil near the oil filter.

Customer Question
1992 Caprice Classic 305...

1992 Caprice Classic 305. Leaking oil near the oil filter. The filter is correct and tight, but there is a sensor perpendicular to just above the filter where the seems to be dripping from. I'm trying to identify the name of the sensor so that I can replace it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
7/27/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

that should be the oil pressure sensor. it operates the gauge on the dash

Roy