kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I'm trying to bypass my keyswitch and hot wire my 95 blazer.

Customer Question

I'm trying to bypass my keyswitch and hot wire my 95 blazer. I cut the red and red white wire and tied together but dont know color of my starter wires
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: no I don't have a wirinf diagram
JA: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: lost key and took switch out now it won't start so I'm trying to bypass keyswitch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  kalamykid replied 2 months ago.

To get this to run with out a key will not be that simple. You need to reconnect the wires you cut, unbolt the ignition switch from under the column, and then you can slide the switch with a small screw driver and the truck will start and run. When you unbolt the switch from under the column, there is a rod that will stick into the switch, this is where you will want to insert the screw driver to manually move the switch to start. Once the engine starts, let off of the screw driver and the switch will go to the run position and stay there till you slid it back to cut the engine off.

You would have to run three separate switches to get the truck to run with out the key and trying to bypass the ignition switch under the column.