Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2004 Silverado 3500 duramax. Simultaneously lost power to

Customer Question

2004 Silverado 3500 duramax. Simultaneously lost power to instrument cluster, push button 4x4, air conditioning and front power doors. Any thoughts on a "silver bullet"? Any help is much appreciated
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was anything done on your vehicle that may have caused this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cigarette lighter quit working was the start
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Check your in dash fuse panel for the 4wd fuse and make sure it is o.k.If it is blown replace it and see if these all work again.

If this fuse is good test one terminal that this fuse seats into for 12 volts DC or power with the key on.If you have no power then the fault is the electronic ignition switch with it needing replaced.This is not the ignition cylinder but the electrical switch itself below the key cylinder.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fuse good and I have power through via test light
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Was anything taken apart or removed from the dash area?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
instrument cluster, dash and trim panels have been removed to look for faulty wire
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

This is a difficult question for me to answer myself here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete