Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Man. The moderator closed out one of our questions before I

Customer Question
Hey man. The moderator closed...
Hey man. The moderator closed out one of our questions before I got to rate you. I must have totally forgot and I'm really sorry. I was wondering if you might be available to help with that same question or ask the moderator to open the question back up please? Here is the original postWe have some warning lights on the dash of this 2007 Chevy trailblazer. I've attached a picture with the lights. V6 engine. Thanks
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
7/27/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 4 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. can you please post the pictures so i can identify the problem.

OK we did the master reset procedure and we scanned with the snap on scanner. The light came back on right away and the code is C0110. We checked all of the wiring at the EBCM. on the frame rail underneath of Driver seat and cleaned and treated that connector no luck
Ok let me look up this code and get back to you
ok thanks

sorry for the delay......... Check and clean ground G304.
Disconnect the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) connector.
Load test the EBCM power/grounds with a headlamp and watch voltage drop with lamp glowing.
The EBCM power feeds are: 2 Red, 31 Red.
The EBCM grounds are: 16 Black, 45 Black.
The headlamp should glow brightly and the voltage drop across the power/ground connection should be close to 12 V.

G304, is located on the outside of the left frame rail, near the electronic brake control module.

test termianl 31 at ebcm for 12 volts with halogen bulb to load test circuit, behinf air pump located in front of ebcm inspect harness closely foe chafing and corrosion in power circuit of red wire. found wire corroded in two at air pump bracket, repaired wiring and had 12 volts at terminal 31

Hi any luck with the truck? do you still need help?

When measuring the voltage drop from pin 31 positive at EBCM connector and 45 ground , text light lights up but the only way we can get a voltage reading with the Meter is if we use pin 45 for a ground but if we put the negative from the multi meter to the battery ground and the positive to 31 we don't get anything . Something isn't right
We will check G304

yes G304 must have a bad ground connection, let me know what you find .

G304 ... it's under the drivers seat where the big connector plugs into that module or is it a separate ground wire to frame ?

Just wanted to let you know I disassembled that ground and cleaned it with a wire wheel and put it back together in the code came back instantly same situation. Please advise

Hi sorry if the problem is still there let me look up on the electrical system and get back to you in a moment.

Disconnect the electronic brake control module (EBCM) harness connector.

Connect a test lamp between the battery positive voltage circuit to the ABS pump motor, and a good ground.

Does the test lamp illuminate?

With the test lamp still connected and illuminated, use a DMM to measure the voltage between the high side of the test lamp and a good ground.

Does the voltage measure greater than the specified value of 12 volts?

Check fuse 33 see if is ok or if powered.

When measuring the voltage drop from pin 31 positive at EBCM connector and 45 ground , text light lights up but the only way we can get a voltage reading with the Meter is if we use pin 45 for a ground but if we put the negative from the multi meter to the battery ground and the positive to 31 we don't get anything . Something isn't righ

ok give me one minute.

are you sure you have a good battery ground are the terminals clean that ill be the only explanation or if you are missing a body to engine ground

I am 100% sure when I ran my ground wire from the actual battery to my multimeter and the positive lead on the multi meter was at the positive wire on the EBCm connector there was zero voltage. But when I run my positive multimeter to the positive wire on the connector and the negative lead on the multi meter to the connector ground I get good voltage. I swear there is no explanation and I am 100% positive. I even had one of the other technicians help verify and we built an extension wire from the negative battery terminal just for this job
That is the only thing that doesn't make sense like it goes against science

that doesn't make any sense but lest do a continuity test with the meter do you know how to do this ? if not i'll show you.

I'm very familiar using a multimeter. Which wires from where to where do you want me to check continuity on?
I mean what are the chances that the ABS pump is bad? I also found a broken wire on the ABS sensor on the front left but I took apart the connection and cleaned it and respliced the ABS sensor but that did not make any difference

disconnect the battery negative side and do a continuity from there to the ground at the ebcm harness conector see if there is continuity and do the same with the positive side

if there is then there is no problem there, check resistance also on both wires disconnected at both ends.

if the resistance is low then it has to be the abs pump motor .

Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech