Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Have 2009 Che y aveo hesitates at stops and like no power.

Customer Question

have 2009 Che y aveo hesitates at stops and like no power. had recall done plugs,wites.and coil
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: only when taking off
JA: Are you fixing your Aveo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about it thxs
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

One of the most common causes for this issue here is a faulty air mass meter.This mass air flow sensor meter can send a false signal on how much air is entering the engine.Usually you can remove it and purchase a can of mass air flow sensor cleaner from a parts store and spray off this sensor internally to clean it then reinstall it to correct this fault.I would start with having this done.

If this does not work then the fuel system needs to be tested to see if the fuel pump is weak needing replaced as this is also another common issue but most likely it is this sensor needing replaced or cleaned to resolve this fault here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bqofgt8g1j294v/ai-07-26.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete