GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2008 malibu hybrid warning light re: start alternating with

Customer Question

2008 malibu hybrid warning light re: hill start alternating with service hybrid message.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chevy Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Malibu Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just started last pm. Safe to drive or need to tow?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Marvin the Mechanic replied 2 months ago.

The question to have it towed or drive it to a repair shop is a tough question. The best response that I can give is. Did the vehicle drive ok besides the lights on last night? If you answered yes then I would think that it would be ok to drive to the repair shop. The hill start message would make me think that there might be a transmission concern. Which might lead me to have the vehicle towed if the transmission does not feel like it is shifting right. Also the distance to the repair shop from where the vehicle is also something to considerer.

Hope this answers your question.