BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2014 chevy carmaro: radio will not play until the ignition

Customer Question

2014 chevy carmaro: radio will not play until the ignition key chime comes on or the seat belt chime. well now I don't have no chime until 3 or 4 miles down the road. then the radio will come on but only plays so long and pops out. some times you can hear the pop
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the radio is turning on fine and staying on or does it turn off when it stops making noise?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok listen the radio will not come on UNTIL THE IGNITION CHIME SOUND OR THE DOOR IS OPEN CHIME SOUNDS OFF OR THE NO SEATBELT CHIME BUT THE CHIME COME ON WHEN EVER IT WANTS TO
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. It sounds like the radio until has an internal hardware failure. I have seen a lot of these fail and require the replacement of the radio unit. In some cases it can be reprogrammed by the dealer, but that does not usually work on this system.