TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Beeping noise coming through speakers, does not increase

Customer Question

Beeping noise coming through speakers, does not increase with volume change but stays consistent. If you mute the radio the beeping stops.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is the door ajar chime, it goes through the speakers on the newer camaros, have you checked to make sure all door are shut tight?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it's not a door chime or trunk lid, the worst part about the beeping is when talking on the phone because that's all you hear.
When listening to music, the music covers the beeping. But when the music stops you hear the beeping noise.
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 2 months ago.

the only beeping on these from the speakers is the door ajar beep, I have done 2 of them for this, anf both were the drivers door latch shorting to ground , has the dealer scanned the body control modulem and seen if there is one of the doors showing open or ajar?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
in fact I'm at the dealer now. They are calling other GM mechanics to try and figure it out.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could it be an anti theft device sound? What speakers should the door chime play through?
Being that Mylink is not working ( they just put a brand new USB connection in 30 mins ago and still not working) could that be related through the head unit?
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 2 months ago.

If there are no doors ajar, and the body control module does not show it sending a signal to the radio , then the problem has to be internal to the radio assembly,Tim

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does the door ajar beep stop when you turn the volume down?
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 2 months ago.

yes