GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I don't have a Chevy, but I want to buy a Porsche Cayenne,

Customer Question

I don't have a Chevy, but I want to buy a Porsche Cayenne, that was with following errors codes: P0010, P0013 and P2101. The mechanic says that all the cars problems were solve, I just want to know if any of those problems are severe and how dangerous they are?
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: Nope. The mechanic read all and have solved, but I don't know how severe they are and if I can safely buy a car that recently had those problems.
JA: What year is your Cayenne?
Customer: Readed* 2004 3.2 V6 78k miles
JA: Are you fixing your Cayenne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The problems are fixed. The car isn't mine, I am wondering buy this car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: But I want to know how severe those code, there now are all fixed, but I want to check how severe they are
Category: Chevy
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. I always take in consideration if it was a car I was thinking about buying. With these codes and "supposed" fixes, I would absolutely walk away. The first 2 odes are timing related and potentially very very serious.

P0010 - Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Control Circuit Possible causes Dirty Oil Low engine oil level Faulty Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid harness is open or shorted Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM) Possible symptoms Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) P0010 Description The Camshaft Position (CMP) actuator is attached to each camshaft and is hydraulically operated in order to change the angle of the camshaft relative to Crankshaft Position (CKP). The CMP actuator solenoid is controlled by the control module. The control module sends a pulse width modulated 12-volt signal to a CMP actuator solenoid. The solenoid controls the amount of engine oil flow to a CMP actuator. The CMP actuator can change the camshaft angle a maximum of 25 degrees. The control module increases the pulse width to accomplish the desired camshaft operation.

P0013 - Intake Camshaft Position 'B' Actuator Circuit Open Bank 1 Possible causes Faulty Camshaft position solenoid Bank 1 Camshaft 2 Position Actuator circuit is open or shorted Bank 1 Camshaft 2 Position Actuator circuit poor electrical connection Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Possible symptoms Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) P0013 Description The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the actual state of the camshaft position solenoid does not match the intended state.
P2101 - Throttle Actuator 'A' Control Motor Circuit Range/Performance Possible causes Dirty throttle body Faulty Throttle Actuator Control Motor Throttle Actuator Control Motor harness is open Throttle Actuator Control Motor circuit poor electrical connection Faulty Throttle Actuator Control Motor Relay Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM) Possible symptoms Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) P2101 Description The throttle actuator is operated by the Engine Control Module (ECM) and it opens and closes the throttle valve. Power supply for the throttle control motor is provided to the ECM via the throttle control motor relay. The throttle control motor relay is ON/OFF controlled by the ECM. When the ignition switch is turned ON, the ECM sends an ON signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is provided to the ECM. When the ignition switch is turned OFF, the ECM sends an OFF signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is not provided to the ECM. The opening angle of the throttle valve is detected by the throttle position sensor which is mounted on the throttle body. The throttle position sensor provides feedback to the ECM. This feedback allows the ECM to control the throttle actuator and monitor the throttle opening angle in response to driver inputs.

can I help with anything else?