Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

2001 chevy 6.6L- all fuel injectors recently replaced with

Customer Question

2001 chevy 6.6L- all fuel injectors recently replaced with last four months. Two days ago on a road trip from San Diego to Idaho truck runs beautifully from SD to Salt Lake City. Then at 2,500 Rpms chokes out and smokes for a few seconds then we drop speed and rpms
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Just replaced starter a week ago
JA: What is the model of your '01 Chevy?
Customer: Duramax 4x4 Silverado HD
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are stranded in Idaho it's at a shop. The owner called us right before they closed today to say injectors are clogged
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't believe it They are brand new
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a suggestion. It is possible they are clogged you may have picked up some bad fuel They don't have to be replaced if that is the problem . Just do a injector power flush and fuel additive in the tank. But what you need to do is protect your repair by getting everything in writing before starting the work and also go for a road test with the repair tech before you pay a cent to make sure it is fixed. If they do something they said is the problem and it doesn't fix it then they are on the hook to fix it right . Ask them why they think it is what they said it is and is it going to defiantly fix it? Is there anything else I can do for you at this time as I work towards a 5 star ratting for my service.