BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Rear doors on my 2007.5 Silverado crew cab won't always

Customer Question

Rear doors on my 2007.5 Silverado crew cab won't always unlock. I've heard this could possibly be a relay issue?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 179k. Runs perfect
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Fixing myself. Haven't tried anything yet. Thinking about a sledgehammer though...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The issue is intermittent. Works fine sometimes but most of the time they don't unlock. Used to be left rear... Now it's both
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if this issue occurs with both the remote and the door switch?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
both
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. One more question. Is this a 1500 or 2500?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2500
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The door lock relays aren't in the under hood fuse box or the dash fuse box on the driver's side
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 months ago.

These are located in the fuse box under the dash. I would switch them and see if it changes. If not then the problem is usually in the body control module. This module controls the function of the locks. I have seen a lot of issues with it and usually having it reprogrammed by the dealer will take care of it.