GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

We lost all power on this door - locks, windows & mirrors.

Customer Question

We lost all power on this door - locks, windows & mirrors. Ideally, is this something I can fix?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent...no fluctuation
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 13 tahoe
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ideally, I would like to. I haven't tried anything yet. Thought of the fuses, although, online research might be indicating the master switch or power cables
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

First thing I would check are the fuses

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is this a known issue with the Tahoe?

Not really just a everyday problem. we will have to just do a step by step elimination process to figure out where the fault is

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK...I can do that tonight and touch base later....
Thank you

Sure thing let me know what you come up with and we will figure it out,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Shawn,
Should slot 26 (drivers side interior fuses) be empty (or not used). If it is to be used, what size fuse belongs here.
Thank you
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Is this fuse panel your looking at and if so yes it is a 15 amp

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi,Yes, that is what I see. The fuse does not fit snug; actually, it is quite loose. I don't see any damage, etc.Could that fuse cause the total loss of power to the door?Thank you,
Karon

Yes it can, if you hold it in there to where you think your getting good contact do you regain the functions? If not we will have to pull the switches and check for power there.