GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

CHEVROLET SILVERADO 6500 TD DOESN'T START...

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The diesel doesn't arrive to the injectors and the engine doesn't start. The fuel pump is working, but the injection pump is in pressure cause it's full of diesel. We changed the PMD, the fuel solenoid and the shutoff solenoid without results. We would like to know which could be the cause? Could it be the injector timer stepper monitor? Or instead the pump cam temperature sensor? Is it possible to have the electric scheme of the injectors? Thank you very much, we wait for your prompt reply...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack McCulloch replied 2 months ago.

Hello there! I have some experience with these trucks and had similar issues when they came in. One possibility is the gear that drives the motor; which is chain driven, can slip off; another is the circuit board inside the injection pump itself can fail; finally the mechanical portion tends to wear prematurely causing the pump to lose the ability to open the pressure valve. In most cases this resulted in the need of the entire pump being replaced and re-timed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello you may have some electrical scheme?
What they intend to do is the circuit board inside the injection pump itself can fail?
what is the pressure valve?
Pmd are all the same For all models from 1994 to 2002?
There is a way to figure out if the cause is really the injection pump?
The car before I left I was accelerated to the maximum, what the cause can be?
thank