GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My stabilizer track light is on saying services but when it

Customer Question

my stabilizer track light is on saying services but when it comes on my car tires lock up I can be driving an the wheels will stop turning and the car will not move if I let it set for about 3 to 4 hours then it will allow the tires to move
JA: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: It does not stop the power steering I can turn the steering wheel the car will do in drive I can press the gas an the car will not move it goes in to gear find an I just got the car services yesterday at the chevy dealer
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: it is a 2010 chevy equionx
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am going to have to have this fixed and I do have a warranty on it for the stabilizer could this be causing the tires not to move its like the traction locks the tires
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So the steering angle sensor and steering assist motor are usually what goes wrong in these cars, I have seen a steering shaft go bad as well, Im glad you have the warranty on that.