Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Changed the fuel filter got back in the vehicle and turned

Customer Question
the ignition on and got...
Changed the fuel filter got back in the vehicle and turned the ignition on and got no buzzer or warning light. With key on sitting in the driveway no buzzers no fuel pump sounds and I could not put the vehicle in nutral.
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 97 S10 4X4, has power to the relays
JA: Are you fixing your S10 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, When the key is turned on, I measured the voltage across the relays, I get no buzzers, battery light, brake light on the dash
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Could it be the ignition switch? or the Neutral starting switch
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
7/22/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

it was just fine before the fuel filter was changed ?

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician