Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2006 impala ss. I blew a whole in the block so I

Customer Question

I have a 2006 impala ss. I blew a whole in the block so I swapped it out with a 2008 impala ss engine. I kept the 2006 wire harness on the car but the engine is from 2008. Some of the plugs are different on the 2008 SS then the 2006 SS. So I'm trying to figure out how to get this car started please help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

This swap, as you are finding out, is not a straight up swap.

Not only are the connectors different for some, but what each wire goes to on the PCM is different for some of them as well. So even if you cut the connectors and splice in new ones to fit the sensors, it will not start as signals are not going where they are supposed to go in each case.

You are going to need the wiring harness and the pcm from the 2008 to install into yours in order for this to work and the pcm will need to be flashed with a scan tool and software with your vehicle's vin number for the antitheft system to not disable the fuel injectors.

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you