GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

With the top plastic peice off the engine that connects to

Customer Question

With the top plastic peice off the engine that connects to the throttle body it will run and idle and won't be able to hear a knock or tick. When it's gave gas and speed up the engine that's when u hear the knock/tick
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Idk where it's coming from. When I put the plastic peice back on it won't idle and hard to start
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 chevy trail blazer with the 4200 engine
JA: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it. If I can find out where the knocking is coming from and if it's bc of bad vacuum it would be good
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Can you send me a picture of this plastic part?