GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My iginition had to be drilled out so i could start my 2003

Customer Question

my iginition had to be drilled out so i could start my 2003 chevy silverado 2500 hd duramax diesel and now I cant get the lock cylinder out to put the new one in. I am afraid they drilled too much...what do i do now
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: battery is good....but weird thing is one terminal seemed to get "corrosion" overnight the other day....
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am...we dont have enough space to list all that. today I am just trying to replace the iginition lock cylinder
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: His name is Max (my truck) and he has 312k miles and is a work truck for me. a year ago someone busted the door handle, the steering column housing in an attempt to steal the truck but they were unsuccessful. Every since that day there have been very WEIRD electrical issues and such...but today I need to get him at least with a keyed start instead of the universal flat head key
Category: Chevy
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, the entire ignition housing needs replaced.

Do you still need assistance?