Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Just had new lifters installed in my 05 Silverado. 5.3 z71

Customer Question

just had new lifters installed in my 05 Silverado. 5.3 z71 now check engine light is on. my dad put his scan tool on it and it said bank 2 02 sensor. any thoughts?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it stays on
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no my friend is a mechanic. put new plugs in it as well
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: well the engine is really sludged up due to previous owner never changing the oil. so he replaced oil pump last fall and last week pulled the heads and put new lifters in it. I'm wanting to sell the truck. but wanting to quiet the engine noise down first
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

hello

the bank 2 sensor is the one on the LHS of the engine ( see the attached image)

so check the condition of the wiring and connection to the sensor 1st for damage and corrosion

and it may need to be replaced

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you