Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Getting fault code p1870 on my 2002 chev corvette. To note I

was already taking it in...
Getting fault code p1870 on my 2002 chev corvette. To note I was already taking it in for service as code p0327 - knock sensor fault code came up and the check engine light is on. Could these be related?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on. I have reset it a couple of times manually but knock sensor code comes back. Today while cruising as my service is Monday morning and my advisor said it was ok to drive the car with knock sensor fault the code p1870 came on as well as code u1064 for a loss of comm.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: .? Are these other codes occurring due to knock sensor issue?
JA: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No taking to the shop Monday. To note I have a vortech supercharger installed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
7/15/2017
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

if you clear the codes the 1870 will come back ? or just the 327 code ?

Never saw the 1870 code until today but I was driving the car with the check engine light on as a result of the P0327 code which indicates intake knock sensor which os being replaced Monday.

i would correct the 327 code first

the odds are the 327 can cause the 1870 but if that code comes back after the 327 is fixed then we have a transmission TCC solenoid or valve body issue kind of thing going on for the 1870 code

as for the 327 code if the wiring is good to the knock sensor then usually replacing the knock sensors will fix the 327 code

the intake manifold needs to come off then replace both Knock sensors

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Ok I am having both sensors replaced. I have a feeling that may correct all. Thanks

anytime

How do I go about rating you.?

should be something on your end to rate me

The Expert here was very knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks so much.

should be something for you to click on

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician