Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

My Chevy optra 2006 jerks and stops at times. It is not

Customer Question

My Chevy optra 2006 jerks and stops at times. It is not regular. The check engine is on .
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chevy Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Optra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to a mechanic. He couldnt figure out the problem. Since the problem doesnot occur regularly he is not able to pinpoint.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The problem is severe when the AC is on
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Shawn Few replied 3 months ago.

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet

what were the fault codes retrieved at repair shop ?
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The mechanic couldn't help with the fault codes. He said that it could be a problem with tbe ECM (whatever that means)
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.
Ok I see , these do have a problem with Ecm (engine control module) (the car computer what Ecm is ) most likely not sending correct ground to igntion and injectors causing the jerk but with out the actual fault number I can not confirm, but nowadays you can send your Ecm in for rebuild , look online , ebay is a good place to find or get another Ecm for itPlease Use The Stars on Top of Your screen To Rate me so I can be compensated for my time and resources .
If more help is needed just reply back and we can continue
You can copy the link page and pasted in your browser and will open up the conversation between us for any follow up questions you may have in this issue.
I'm online Daily from 7 AM till late Eastern Time Zone .Thank You