Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Traction control warning came on. its seems okay now, but

Customer Question

Traction control warning came on. its seems okay now, but there's a "check engine" light on now.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2014 Chevy Malibu
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. We were driving on a scenic highway yesterday, the warning lights came on--power reduced, etc. I can turn the TC on and off without any other warnings and it seems to work okay-- no loss of power. But the check engine light.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: the Check engine? On constant.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's all thats concerning me.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 13 days ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 13 days ago.

if the car seems to be running fine the check engine light can be caused by a loose gas cap or bad gas cap to a bad 02 sensor

swing my a firestone or Autozone they will scan the codes for free for you

the code will say what area the issue is in then you know

but it should be ok to drive until you can get it into the shop since it seems to be running fine

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 13 days ago.