GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Usually at a lower speed randomly when you press on the

Customer Question

Usually at a lower speed randomly when you press on the accelerator, the engine coughs, the dash lights flash, the door locks go up and down and the steering quits for about 1.5 seconds then it clears up.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2009 Tahoe
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No this is my sister in laws, the dealership has had it in and could find no codes and drove some but it never acted up for them
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  shawn patrick replied 11 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as the phone calls are concerned they do cost more and I am not the one asking for or pushing for a call the website is.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
okay

That sounds like to me a component in the serpentine system is going out, possibly a P/S pump or A/C compressor, I would tell her next time it happens to turn off a/c and see if the changes in fault are any different

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
To me it sounds like an electrical system grounding problem

Have you checked the grounds yet ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No i haven't looked at them as i don't see the vehicle that often, i was trying to get some good ideas before i did

Im having trouble accessing my database ill have to open this up for the other techs so they can assist you

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Well okay i think i will try checking ground cables something i should have done anyway, thanks for your help