Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Second opinion] Front wobbled at exactly 69mph and up.

Changed everything in front. Wheel...
Second opinion] Front wobbled at exactly 69mph and up. Changed everything in front. Wheel bearings,axles, pitman arm, idler arm, upper control arm and ball joint, lower ball joints, tie rods, sway bar hangers and all bushings and all new shocks. Wobbled before all this and after. Wobbled with factory tires and rims and with after market wheels and tires. Even put on steering stabalizer. Nothing. Still wobbles. Now everything is new and tight up front it even seems to wobble a bit worse. Was my fathers saburbanand he said it did it when he first bought it and took it back to dealer few times and they eventually fixed it. All he recalls is maybe something about shims they had to do.
7/7/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the brake system checked this needs done.This may be an issue with a brake caliper hanging up causing this fault here needing replaced or applying.If this was already checked into and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Brakes have been changed and inspected many times. Many new rotors have been put on. It's kind of been an on going issue from new. My father just put up with it. I got the vehicle from him and redid the whole front end to no avail. I only need it for long trips with the family so wobbling at 68 or so and up is totally annoying.

I apologize for the delay.

This is a difficult question for me to answer from here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic

How do you know it's the front end that is wobbling?

What is the year, make, model?

You said axles, is this a 4wd?

Has the rear ride height been altered by lift kits, air shocks, different size tires/wheels?

Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic