Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I am having a grinding noise coming from the front of the…

I am having a...

I am having a grinding noise coming from the front of the vehicle when turning. Both in idle and driving. I have a 3" lift with 35 tires and feel it could be my boots or a CV joint but have no idea. I have a warranty plan and trying to see if it cover such items.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

About 2 weeks, from the left and right boots of the drive steering arms, or the tie rods. I grease both and it goes away for a time but back by the 2nd day.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2013 silverado 1500 LTZ 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just greasing the boots with a syringe

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Need to know if this is wear and tear or if I can claim it at mechanical so I can take it yet

7/4/2017
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. have you checked to see if its the ball joints?

will your warranty cover suspension on a lifted / modified truck?

All ball joints look good and no tears. So not ball joints, yes the warranty i purchase was for lifted 4x4 vehicles or so they say. I will put them to the test. Been looking at just replaces cv axle my self.

very possible if you lay under truck can you narrow down the source of the noise?

I want to say yes and it comes from the boots on both sides but don't know what caused them to go bad truck in only 65k

change in angle of the drive shafts from the lift is likley wat caused them to fail..it adds extra stress to the joint

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy