kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

2002 impala security light on wont start how can i by pass

2002 impala security light on wont start how can i by pass the security system
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ive done it before but its been 20 years since ive done it and i cant remember. there were 2 things i did. one had something to do with the key and the other had something to do with the wires going to the middle plug on the BCM
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
its a 3.4 liter engine if that makes a difference

HI,

Ok, have you tried the GM relearn procedure yet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have to do it everyday just to get it to start in the morning

HI,

Ok, does your key have the pellet in the side of it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Ok, I will have to opt out. The only bypass method I know is for the ones with the pellet in the key. If another expert knows, they will post to you

The only way to bypass the security system on this car is to have the pcm reflashed and omit the security system. Your car has a passlock system, and unlike the vats system, the security sensors are in the ignition switch. If the car is loosing memory for the passcode for the system and you have to do the relearn every time you want to start the car you may have a bad ignition switch housing. This can be replaced with out getting a new key as you will reuse your lock tumbler. I am sorry you are having this problem, but if you want I can help you trouble shoot and repair the problem, or you will have to go to an auto electric shop that can reflash the pcm for you.

kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience: I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
sorry i havent rated. i forgot all about it.

Thank you.