Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Im trying to opening my hatch on my chevy equinox

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

You may have to open it from the inside by removing the trim panel and pulling the latch by hand.

The lock actuator may be stuck.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihqa4jsrrr1edup/va259578.png?dl=0

Here is a wiring diagram for the latch switch.

You need an electrical test meter to diagnose this issue. Once you have the gate open this will be easier to test and diagnose.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can.

Please Rate 5 stars and it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.