Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, Certified Subaru Tech and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

I have a 2003 Chevy Malibu that wont start. It acts like

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Chevy Malibu that wont start. It acts like fuel pump is bad, but I dont think its that because I can hear the pump cycle. It turns over and tries to start but it cant seem to. We killed the battery trying things but Ive put a battery jumper on it too it has plenty voltage now. No stored engi e codes though. I checked all fuses I dont see any bad fuses. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

A quick test to see if it's a fuel pump issue is to spray some carb cleaner or starting fluid directly into the throttle body, then crank the engine. If it's got spark and no fuel, it will run for a bit until all the starting fluid is burned off. I would start there since it's a possible fuel pump problem. This will also tell you if the car has spark or not as well.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

I hadn't heard back from you and was wondering if you need further assistance with this?