Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Second opinion] I have a 2003 Tahoe with rear Ac. Ac does

second opinion] Hi I have a 2003 Tahoe with rear Ac. Ac does not kick on when you hit the snowflake. Doesnt blink 3 times but also doesnt kick the compressor on. Brand new high and low pressure switches. If i apply power to he 87 spot on the relay the compressor kicks. Lost on why the snowflake comes up but doesnt kick on the compressor
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 140k yes'
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. I jumped both the high and low pressure harnesses with a paperclip. checked all fuses and relays and reset the hvac along with replacing the high and low pressure switched and compressor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you havent had the fault codes checked/read out in the engine computer this needs done first.If a code is set in the engine computer in some cases this can disable the compressor from operating until the code is either cleared out with a compatible scan tool or the fault for the code set is repaired and then the code cleared out.This is usually why no signal is present to energize the relay to operate the compressor.

If this was already checked let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have a scan tool for it. Nor is there any lights on that's show faults. I can jump the 87 pin and it energizes the compressor.

What liter engine is in your model here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
5.3 auto temp control rear ac

Do you have at or near 12 volts DC at the relay with the key on or engine running.Then with ac on do you have a ground signal at this relay only when you turn on the ac then no ground when the ac is switched off?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will check and get back

Sounds good.I am here all day off and on.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Figured it out. Was the climate control module. Thanks for the help

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete