GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

1995 Chevy truck. The serpentine belt disintegrated, maybe

Customer Question

1995 Chevy truck. The serpentine belt disintegrated, maybe because the AC compressor seized up. The belt damaged the connection to the compressor so I cannot disengage the clutch. Is there a way to mechanically disengage it so the pulley will allow it to turn freely so I can run without AC? Or can I jump it some way. There are a couple of small wires sticking out of where the old connection went into the clutch.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: This is the clutch on the AC compressor.
JA: What is the model of your '95 Chevy?
Customer: 1995 1500 V6
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The switch on the dash will not work because the connection on the AC clutch was damaged beyond repair, It may be stuck engaged.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

If the wire are not connected to the clutch then its not likely staying engaged due to no signal and most likely due to the compressor and clutch assembly are seized up due to a failed compressor. What size engine are you working on?