GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a early (classic) 07 gmc serrira.IT has dual zone

Customer Question

I have a early (classic) 07 gmc serrira.IT has dual zone heat air.after you drive a wile the left side goes to full hot.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: sorry i wasnt done typing yet. if you turn the key on and off it resets itself.are there two seperate water controls?do you think its the slide control or is there something elese that controls the heat (hot water flow ) on the left side only.
JA: What is the model of your '07 GMC?
Customer: serrira
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: how about answering the question
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Does this condition of left side going hot sometimes not exist during the next ignition cycle and the system may operate normally then?

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 5 stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and do not work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric