Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2009 spark plugs wet engine run rough loss of power. 41k…

2009 spark plugs wet...

2009 spark plugs wet engine run rough loss of power.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When was the last time the plugs were changed?

41k miles plugs replaced yeasterday.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Chevy?

Aveo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aveo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself.replaced plugs,replaced bad valve cover gasket , gapped plugs to correct clearance.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The hold lite came on but do not come on now.

6/10/2017
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you post your VIN number?

GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
rpmdiag
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
vin # kl1td66eo0b651886

I was checking to make sure the recall was done on the plugs and boots. It was performed.

Right now what is the engine doing?

Have you had it scanned for codes?

Was the electrode of the plug oil fouled?