Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

In the past week I had the driver side ball joint replaced,

Customer Question
In the past week...

In the past week I had the driver side ball joint replaced, new tires, a receiver assembly installed, and then the alignment. At first it ran well. Now within in a week the truck drives as if there is a weight [placedement problem, the steer is real touchy and the truck is also bogging down and not accelerating as it should. The emergancy brake light came on yesterday and would not turn off. Any ideas? Thank you in advance

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Had all the fluids topped off at the oil change but I have not visibaly inspected

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

1999 f1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have always done my repairs biut all tools in NC so thinking about the shop again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes ive recently had all four shocks replaced az well

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/18/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault that is related to each of the issues you are seeing here.The fault sounds to be a brake issue.With the brake light on this indicates a fault has been detected by the brake computer.The fault codes need read out/checked to see what codes are set and then those codes diagnosed and repaired to resolve this fault here.

This can be a fault with the anti lock brake unit itself keeping pressure to the front brakes or one of the front brakes which will cause the steering to be touchy as well as the bogging or lack of power/acceleration.

I would have the fault codes checked first to see what codes are set and then those codes diagnosed and repaired to resolve this here.The brake system will need tested as well most likely.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician