Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need to add oil in a new compressor brand denso, model

Customer Question

i need to add oil in a new compressor brand denso, model(###) ###-#### the owners manual specifies many oils, is not clear, appears for rotary type, for reciprocating but i do not which one is mine. there is many oils in the shop, i do not want to ruin the compressor with the oil type.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Can I get the year, make, model, and engine to see the specifications?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2007 chevrolet express 3500 6.0 engine extended with rear a/c.
compressor model: denso(###) ###-####

Your vehicle needs PAG Oil GM P/N 12378526

I believe that is all you were asking for.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do you know what oil type can i found in the shops? i went to gm shop and they not sell it.

Odd the dealer does not sale PAG oil for AC systems. I bet the parts department at my dealer has 50 bottles of it. You can buy PAG oil at Walmart, and most every parts store.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i just look for any oil with label Pag-46? some brand you recommend? the gm oil is much better than the others found in the shops?

That is correct PAG 46 is what is needed. GM does not make PAG oil, they buy it from a supplier and put there name on it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can you tell me the brand of the oil where gm buy it? or a good brand i can buy?

I can not tell you the brand oil GM relables. I am just a dealer tech, that happens way above my pay grade and title at the manufacturing level. Any brand should work just fine. I have never ran into an issue where one was low quality and caused premature failure.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris