Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Cam I need some help. I cant figure out why my MECB fuse

Customer Question

Hey Cam good afternoon, I need some help. I cant figure out why my MECB fuse keeps blowing as i put a new one in?
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: yes Sir
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2006 chevy, silverado 2500 duamax
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes Sir , I have taken off all my door panels and disconected all my electric windows, seats , and heated seats, also electric door locks. and then replace the 50 amp fuse, but i have a dead short. when i put a new fuse in it it acts like it is under a load and instantly blows the new fuse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all i can think of
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

here is the diagram, take a look at it and see if you missed anything.

let me know if you need help.

Lou P

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can buy a one year on line access to GM for a diagram, I just thought you could steer me in a direction that has been a re-acureing problem with this model silverado.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

There is absolutely no need to reply in that manner , if there were a common fault we would surely suggest it , with a dead short the easier thing to do is remove the fuses I highlighted and see if the fuse blows , then insert them one at a time to see which branch causes the fuse to blow . I have taken time to help you , please show a little respect in the replies . No one deserves to be spoken to like that .