Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chevy Silverado radio randomly changing sources? Possible

Customer Question

Chevy Silverado radio randomly changing sources? Possible cause?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

Rod, do you have the steering wheel button controls?

if so can you verify if the radio changes sources when turning the wheel or banging on the steering wheel?

the only two options will be steering wheel buttons/connections in column or the radio itself.

I have not personally seen this issue in the silverado but in other models and loose connections or loose buttons cause this as well as internal issue of the radio. hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master ASE Certified