Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I bought a 2007 Tahoe from a dealer and after bringing it

Customer Question

I bought a 2007 Tahoe from a dealer and after bringing it home I discovered an original window sticker in the glove box and to my confusion there was the vin number of the Tahoe I just bought!! But the one I bought only partially fit the window sticker description and more importantly the hours on the motor don't add up to what the odometer says (1223 hours equates to about 74500 miles) but not 212000. I can't seem to find how to interpreted the motor and frame vin's that I found???? I am concerned I purchased a vin swapped vehicle,help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. This does look suspicious and what I would do is take it to your department of transport and have them do a check on this as they will have all the resources to do so. I would not question where you got it from just in case , let them do that for you that's what they are there for.